Yesterday morning, I left the house at 5:45 to meet my fly fishing class and go fishing at Chesterfield Res. in Southern Idaho. Since I was running a little late, I was not able to hook up with the class to car pool. So I headed north towards Idaho. I knew that the Reservoir was just north of Lava Hot Springs. We had our Youth Conference at Lava last summer, so I thought I knew where I was going. After driving for about 2 hours, I thought I've got to be getting pretty close to the turn off, However, I saw a sign that turned my stomach. That sign said I-84. Somewhere, I had gotten off I-15 and had merged onto I-84. On top of that, I had to drive about 10 more miles, before I found a place to turn around. I dug out my map, and realized that I had to drve back to Tremonton to get back onto I-15. Tremonton was over 60 Miles away!
I worked my way back to Tremonton, got back onto I-15 and headed north once again to Chesterfield. SO my 2 1/2 hr trip turned into a 4 hour ordeal.
When I arrived at the lake, I blew up my new float tube and christened it for its maiden voyage. I rigged up my rod with a captain america bug and set out into the lake. I had not been out for too long, when we began to notice a pretty nasty storm brewing on the horizon. Soon the wind kicked up, and it began to snow, but it was all good. About this time, I switched to a red crystal killer pattern with a mighty mite dropper.
After paddling around, I suddenly heard a big boom of Thunder, and everyone over the walkie-talkies, began saying how we might want to get off the lake. I thought this was a pretty good idea since I was holding a 9 foot lightening rod in my hand. I was out in the middle of the lake and had to do some pretty good kicking to get back to shore.
I didn't catch any fish, but it was a fun day. After we got off the lake, we learned that the reservoir, had experienced a pretty harsh winter and over 80% of the fish had been killed and that the state was going to re-stock the lake on Monday with over 22,000 fish. We just missed out!

No comments:
Post a Comment